Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Traitor Joe

As most of you know, I have been on vacation Up North. I had planned on being back in Western PA today but my plans changed a bit. Once I realized that Sarah was coming over for the weekend, I decided to stay and paint her bathroom. As you know she surprised me by having that done but Jo and I decided to stay on anyway. This way S will only have to drive one way by herself. And because I am with her going over she is leaving Thursday after work instead of Friday.

We had a great time and I have many pictures to share but that will have to wait until I get back to PA.

While away I discovered a new show. New to me anyway. It is called "It's Me Or The Dog" on Animal Planet. It is filmed in England and is about owners with problem dogs. A renowned dog trainer comes and helps the owner solve whatever dog issues they have. I found it interesting because after 6 months we are still struggling to get Jo housebroken. Watching the show has confirmed what I had suspected. Her accidents are probably a result of the stress of being left alone. She has separation issues with you know who. One of her suggestions of helping a dog get over that is to help them realize that they don't need to always be at your side. She suggests that when owners leave the house and come back it should be very low key and very matter a fact.

When I came back from vacation and back to St Joe to S's house I decided that I need to help her cope with me being gone. So when I came in S's house I downplayed the fact that I was back after 9 day absence. She was happy to see me but actually seemed to prefer S over me. It was her lap she sat in and her she followed around. Of course, D said her true colors would come out and he was right. We were watching tv later that night and she was happily sitting on S's lap and I was sitting on the floor. I happened to look at her and she looked at me. She slowly sat up, kept staring, while D was laughing and S was rolling her eyes. Needless to say, she jumped off the couch and spent the rest of the evening in my lap. Traitor Joe was back!

She has spent all day following me from room to room. S can't complain about her sleeping on her pillow because she is now back on my pillow. I am still going to working on making her more independent of me and keeping my comings and goings more low key.

She loves S but her heart belongs to me.

4 comments....porters always have something to say!:

JP said...

I want a dog. Too bad I'm dating someone who's allergic, my apartment won't allow pets, and I don't have time.

carriegel said...

three strikes and it looks like you are out. bummer!

megawatt miler said...

it didnt take her long to forget about all the fun we had all week

Anonymous said...

This will be interesting to watch unfold. May be your first failure in life you'll experience.

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle