Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Beer Can Chicken

Well, this was our weekend to try beer can chicken. The stars of the show.

Photobucket



And also these little beauties.

Photobucket



Hey, how did she get in here? But, since she is let's just agree she is a beauty. And now on to the supporting cast of Sunday night's dinner.

Photobucket



I brought these all the way back from Michigan. It won't be long and our local farm stand should have potatoes for purchase. Can't wait.

We put the chicken in the grill and tried to keep the temperature at 350. I say try because it started out at 400 and took as a while to get it down to where it should have been. In the middle of grilling this Rob stopped by to look at our leaking pipe and we were a little distracted. Let's just say it cooked A LOT faster than expected. But, despite that this was out finished product.

Photobucket



We used the potatoes in Pioneer Woman's Crash Potato recipe. We had also bought some corn from a farm stand and added that to our dinner that night.

Photobucket



I think we have to give this meal 4 out of 5 forks. The grill got away from us and the chicken was a tad overcooked. All in all it was still good and we will definately be giving it another try.

6 comments....porters always have something to say!:

megawatt miler said...

you should try again when im visiting!

Unknown said...

It looks pretty darn good in the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Did you brine the chicken? if not, was it moister than what we fixed the anniversary weekend? I'm trying to figure out if I need to do both brine and beer.

carriegel said...

no brine, like i said i think we overcooked it a little. the outside was perfect maybe a tad dry in the center. too many distractions.

JP said...

I've always wanted to try the beer can chicken.

Unknown said...

I don't think you need to brine the chicken. I know if I decided to cook beer can chicken on a whim I wouldn't worry about it.

By the way even if you overcook brined chicken it will come out dry. I have learned this from experience.

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle