Thursday, September 11, 2008

They Call This Work?

A couple of weeks ago D had the opportunity to fly to Wyoming for a couple of days of hiking and fishing. He was being entertained by one of the vendors his comapany buys from. He had done this trip about ten years ago so he was excited to be going back.

For fun I decided to apply some filters to the photos he took while he was out there. It has made for some interesting effects. I put the name of the filter in parentheses for anyone who is interested in such things.

He flew commercial to Chicago then boarded a private jet for the rest of the trip. (dreamy)

Photobucket



The jet was a tad bit cramped. No wonder I wasn't invited! (fall colors)

Photobucket



Here is the bustling airport which was their destination. (sixties slide)

Photobucket



The spent their time at a 10,000 acre ranch. I'm used to 40 acres, I can't even imagine owning a ranch that big. (mountain)

Photobucket



Here is one of the many houses that are on the ranch. (landscape)

Photobucket



One of the many trout that they caught and ate for dinner. (charachter)

Photobucket



He even got fancy with his camera. (reminiscing)

Photobucket



He saw a moose (bright shade)

Photobucket



and a real cowboy. (faded)

Photobucket



The views were incredible. (snap)

Photobucket



Can there ever be too much fishing? (brownie)

Photobucket



All good things must come to an end and so it was time to head back home. (spooky)

Photobucket



C-2 if you are interested in having these fun little filters for yourself go to http://www.optikvervelabs.com/default.asp They have really good directions on how to get this program right into your Photoshop program. If I could figure it out, I know you can. I see they have some more that I may have to download.

10 comments....porters always have something to say!:

Unknown said...

I really like that fence post picture, I think it's my favorite and maybe even one of the best pictures I have seen in awhile.

I want to play with some of the filters but I barely get time to just plain ole photoshop my pics.

Anonymous said...

So are you using Photoshop Elements or did you join the big boys and girls and use Photoshop itself?

carriegel said...

this is a program i installed in my elements. so you can have it too. follow the link and directions. it takes awhile to get it in but once there it is one click of the button to apply whatever filter you choose.

jporterGOP said...

i agree with dad, that fence post picture if off the charts

jporterGOP said...

is there any way you could email me that fence post picture uncropped so i can use it for my desktop background?

carriegel said...

what do you mean uncropped. i will send you the file the way is is.

jporterGOP said...

hah. by uncropped i meant in a large size so that when you put it on a desktop, it doesn't have to stretch it to make it fit. i think the dimensions are 1280x820, or somewhere around there.

carriegel said...

i sent it, did you get it? if not send me your email addresss. maybe i have the wrong one. i cropped it by inches, the dimension of my screen. if that doesn't work, let me know and i will crop it your way.

Unknown said...

For me Elements 2.0, haven't made the jump yet but I want to.

Unknown said...

peej,

for any picture you want on her blog just click on it and it will take you to here photobucket site and you might be able to steal it from here.

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle