Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm Falling Behind

Not in actually doing my scrapbook layouts, just in posting them. We start Week Eleven tomorrow and I am posting Week Nine. Where does the time go?

Week Nine and Ten are about elements good design. This week it is element of line. Horizontal, vertical, diagonal, I think you get the idea. Having strong lines in your layouts gives unity and helps hold the items on a layout "together".

In this first layout assignment can you see the two strong lines? One an actual line (the horizontal strip) and one implied (the line dividing the left pictures from the right picture)?

bps, week nine



Here is the second layout. The two rows of horizontal pictures draw a nice strong line across the pages.

bps, week nine



The third layout is a Real World Color layout. We were to use tints of green, white, orange and black. Green and orange are part of a triadic color scheme. Her layout had the picture going horizontally but that didn't work with my photo so I turned it ninety degrees. Not only does this have a triadic color scheme it also has strong vertical lines. I think this is one of my favorite photos of Sarah.

bps, week nine

Coming soon, Week Ten.

4 comments....porters always have something to say!:

megawatt miler said...

you just wont let that go will you?

jporterGOP said...

parents have a tendency to not let things go : )

Unknown said...

Are you talking about me or your mother?

jporterGOP said...

Some of it remains to be seen.

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle