Thursday, December 11, 2008

I Wish I Had A River That I Could Skate Away On

There are two little known facts about me. Well, not to D and Sarah but maybe to the rest of you.

One, is I sometimes find a song that I will obsess over. I will play it over and over for weeks and never tire of it. The other day I was thinking to myself that I hadn't had a song like that in a long time. In fact, I couldn't remember the last song that I had really, really liked.

Two, I really don't like the Christmas season. It is all too much. Too many expectations and fuss. It is so far from what it was intended to be and what it should be. I spend December waiting for it to be over. I had a song on my blog at the beginning of the month called Get Me Through December. And that is exactly what I want to do, just get through it.

Well, two days ago my need for a new song and dislike of December collided. I have a new song. It is River by Sarah McLachlin. Yes, I wish I had a river that I could skate away on for the next three weeks.

6 comments....porters always have something to say!:

Shaelynn said...

Robert Downey, Jr. covered that song on an episode of Ally McBeal. It's pretty good if you can find a place to download it.

carriegel said...

when i was looking on you tube his name never came up. i think it was a joni mitchell song originally. but i will look for his version. thanks.

Anonymous said...

How about just a small creek? Every child show grown up with one in their backyard.

jporterGOP said...

We had a pond, but I guess you wouldn't be able to go too far : )

Anonymous said...

Did you hear the sound of that skate scraping on the ice in the beginning of the song? It's one of my favoritest sounds on earth.

carriegel said...

i have watched that video over and over. i don't know why. there is something about him skating on that ice. i will have to listen for that skate scraping sound though. darn, will have to watch it again.

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle