Thursday, June 19, 2008

Well, Look What Happens When You...

use the right ingredients! If you remember, I made cheese bread awhile ago and was disappointed in how the dough was working for me. Or should I say not working. Well, The King Arthur Flour Comapany where I had gotten the recipe had seen my blog and had suggested that I may have used the wrong kind of yeast. Who knew that regular and fast acting yeast were not interchangeable? Well, today was the do over day and I must say it went much better. My starter was perfect this time.

Photobucket



And the resulting bread? Well, just see for yourself.

Photobucket



Much better than my first attempt. I will be bringing the results to Coleman with me tomorrow.

My faithful readers should recognize this:

Photobucket



Yes, that is the ten yards of mulch we had delivered last Saturday. Between then and now D has mulched a few trees and I have mulched some flower beds.

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



I can't tell you how many wheelbarrows of mulch I have moved this week but it is a lot. The hard part is the mulch was on one side of the property and the beds on the other. The good news is it has been unusually cool this week which made for good gardening weather. The mulch pile now looks like this. Looks like we will be having another truck delivered when we get back from vacation. Now that is something to look forward to!

Photobucket



And while I was doing all the baking and mulching, this is what Jo has been doing. Where have I gone wrong?

Photobucket

4 comments....porters always have something to say!:

Unknown said...

Oh boy those look good...and I'm not talking about the mulch.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited those are coming to Coleman. Woot! And you went wrong with Jo the day you said "I do". I see she's quickly adapted to her life as the queen.

Unknown said...

Photos aren't appearing on your blog or mine and my google reader isn't working. Anybody else having similar problems?

Did google change something I don't know about?

Unknown said...

Forget it, Firefox problems. Internet explorer is working fine.

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle