Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Hobbies

Like I have said before I am not above stealing someone else's ideas and when my not that much younger sister did a blog post about one of her hobbies, well I just had to do one of my own. After some thought I came up with four hobbies that occupy much of my time.

First, I like to garden. Almost everywhere we have lived I have had a garden of some sort. Some smaller than others and some more pot oriented but I have always grown something. I am lucky right now because I live in a house where a former gardener lived. She loved irises so I have beds of irises everywhere. I'm not thinking they are my favorite flower. They only really look good two weeks out of the year and then not so much. I have a lot of ideas I want to try and because we plan on being here a few more years I should be able to get some of them done. I want to make some planting boxes, ala Longs, and also want to put in a water garden this summer. I even have a greenhouse which is really cool.

Photobucket


Another hobby which I spend quite a bit of time on is scrapbooking. I can thank C-4 for that one. Some of you saw the calendar scrapbook that I have been working on when I was visiting last month. I basically scrapbook every month with photos and quotes that pertain to the happenings of that particular month. Let's just say it has turned out to be much more involved than I ever intended. Just be careful, people, because you will probably end up in it at point or another. Here is the month of May which is still a work in progress. Do you see yourself?

Photobucket



Number three, baking. That probably doesn't come as a surprise to most of you. I bake quite a bit. Today was brownies. I love trying new recipes and tomorrow's experiment is a trifle courtesy of Giada. Our friends here in Butler love eating my experiments and it saves D and I from eating all of that fattening goodness.

Photobucket



And last, photography but you probably knew that from the numerous photos I post on this blog. I still have a lot to learn but that is part of the fun. I take a lot of pictures and really only end up with a handful of keepers. Here a couple that I really liked from my last visit. I couldn't decide which of the two I liked better so I decided to post both of them. You can be the judge as to which is better.

Photobucket

Photobucket



I look forward to hearing what you do in your spare time that you find fun and rewarding.

5 comments....porters always have something to say!:

megawatt miler said...

i like the second one better!

Shaelynn said...

I agree!!

carriegel said...

i agree. guess i will print that one up.

Anonymous said...

marv wants both of them for his office. i told him we had them already.

carriegel said...

but not in black and white. i can show you how to do that when i am there next week.

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle