Friday, March 14, 2008

Odds and Ends

I was surprised when C-4 joined the blogging world. And when her much older brother joined that really shocked me. Who knew he had so much to say? And when the younger set started blogs, well, that really wasn't surprising. After all they have grown up in this electronic world we live in. But the pressure was too much and I was next.

When I saw the music players on the youngin's blogs I wasn't surprised at all. My brother was next and I was somewhat surprised but I can go with that. But, when a player showed up on C's blog, well, that was just too much. I refuse to be the only one without music on my blog! After much trial and error I have a player too.

Mine, though, comes with a twist. I have this odd little known fact about me. If I like a song I will and can listen to it over and over and over and over and over and over. You get the idea. I have been known to set my player on repeat and have the same song play for well over an hour. Drives D crazy to say the least. My song obsession at the moment is Same Mistake. And so my player has only that song in its playlist. I'm not sure how long you will be tortured with that particular song, but until I decide to move another song obsession, enjoy!

As you well know I am an AI fan. I am also a Survivor fan though not to the extent of my not that much younger sister. I will let her take care of the major recap of that show but I do have one thing to say about last night's show. As most of you know this season is a mix of Fans and Favorites. Erik, Erik, have you ever seen this show? He said he felt shafted that Joel had been voted out last week. He said the favorites are "tough as nails" and cannot be trusted at all. He also added that if the playing field has been lowered to lying to people's faces, he might have to do the some of that. Excuse me, where have you been? Isn't that what this show is all about? You, sir, are no superfan! I feel better now. Rant is over and C the floor is now back to you pertaining to all things Survivor.

And since pictures seem to be such a hit I will leave you with another oldie but goodie. John talked about being "cool" earlier this week. Well, how cool is this handsome young man?


10 comments....porters always have something to say!:

Unknown said...

If you want to really drive D nuts play "I Shot the Sheriff" by Eric Clapton over and over. He hates that song.

carriegel said...

He's not the only one. Now that song is going to be stuck in my head the rest of the day.

Anonymous said...

I almost put that in my blog -- hey, Erik, have you ever seen the show. Lying is part of the game. Remember Amanda from Survivor China and did you learn anything from that -- nice guys (girls in this case) do finish LAST! Get over it.

megawatt miler said...

i hate the music players, since most of my internet time is while i am watching school lectures it just interrupts them-so please go back to no player!

carriegel said...

I mentioned to D tonight that you said "I Shot the Sheriff" is his favorite song. He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "I hate that song!".

I am still shaking my head at Erik's comment.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, when you start your own blog I will temporarily remove my player. I'll remove it until June 1. Are you out of school by then?

megawatt miler said...

after looking closer, i just realized those things had pause buttons, i guess i can deal. and i shouldnt be multitasking during "class" anyway...

just get uncle c to agree and my thoughts will be yours!

Anonymous said...

I'm not quite as obsessive about playing a song over and over for an hour, but I have been known to let one repeat several times. I too move on though. Marv said your current song choice is "pretty".

Unknown said...

What am I agreeing to?

Shaelynn said...

I'm not a huge James Blunt fan, but I have to agree with Dad and say that the song is rather pretty.

I, too, tend to repeat songs over and over again for hours at a time when I have one I'm really in love with. Scott hates it.

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle