Saturday, September 5, 2009

Love

It was finally time for the show. The show Dave had picked was The Beatles Love Show by Cirque du Soleil. I have seen Cirque du Soleil shows in Orlando and they were fantastic so I had no doubt that this show would be just as good.

las vegas, 8.09


Here is a description of the show I found on the internet.

The loose story of the production traces The Beatles’ biography in broad strokes from The Blitz, through the band's founding and climb into superstardom, their psychedelic and spiritual works and their break-up in 1970. The finale is a joyous celebration of The Beatles' "reunion" that the show itself represents.
Love traces this path without relying on literal or historical representations of individual people. Its landscape is inhabited by fictional characters plucked from The Beatles' lyrics. Sgt. Pepper, a central figure, encounters many familiar faces, including Lucy in the Sky, Eleanor Rigby, Lady Madonna and Mr. Kite. In an exception to this stylistic choice, the "Here Comes the Sun" scene features a character resembling Krishna. Similarly, several scenes include mop-topped, dark-haired figures in black suits resembling Teddy Boys. The international cast totals 65 performers. Each song or medley is the name of a scene.


If the lobby was any indication this show was going to be good.

las vegas, 8.09


las vegas, 8.09


las vegas, 8.09


Here are the lads.

las vegas, 8.09


It's orange! Could it be any cooler?

las vegas, 8.09


It was time to enter the theater and enjoy the show.

las vegas, 8.09


It is an interesting theater on the inside. It is a theater in the round and contains 12,000 speakers. Yes, that isn't a typo, 12,000 speakers. Each of the 2013 seats is outfitted with 6 speakers. I hope that means the acoustics are good and that the music is loud. I like loud. After all I am my father's daughter.

Dave had gotten us second row tickets so we could see everything up close and personal. I found that to be good and bad. Good because you could really see what was going on in front of you but bad because there is a lot of things going on all at once on the stage. Sitting so close means you do miss some of what is going on in other parts of the stage. But despite that I loved being that close. What isn't to like about having confetti raining down on your head?

I looked around the internet to find some pictures of the show itself but I really couldn't find much. Here is one that I found that shows the Bug that appeared a couple times during the show.

Photobucket


Here is a YouTube clip that I found. At the one minute mark they show a part of the show that I really liked. They covered the entire audience with a parachute like covering. I've never had that happen before.




I have to say that it was one of the best shows I have ever seen. As I sat there the thing that really struck me was how good their music is. To have music that is 30 plus years old and still sound as current as today's music is astounding. If you ever have a chance, go. I bet you would love it as much as I did.

Thanks, Dave.

1 comments....porters always have something to say!:

Anonymous said...

He picked the perfect show! The clip was awesome. I can't image a whole show of it!

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle