Sunday, June 7, 2009

Say What? - Part Deux

Well, let's see how you did with my little "Say What" game.

1. "I was talking and I lost my focus." This was said by Katie to her father when he asked her why she hadn't turned down the path she should have when taking me for a ride in the go kart. She had turned to earlier during the ride and had stated she wasn't sure where we were which had resulted in us coming back on the wrong path. Eight-year-olds, gotta love them.

Photobucket


2. "I don't really care about the rules." Said by Michael when someone said how unfair it was that the rules on his blog weren't the same rules that had been stated when everyone was gathered. That someone didn't press for an exemption, she lived by the rules as written. What a sport!

Photobucket


3. "In honor of the Veggie Throwdown I just put my steak on the grill." Texted by Dave to me during the Throwdown.

4. "Can I have an ice cream bar? My throat is starting to hurt." With the bonus quote, "Yes, for medical reasons." Katie needed the ice cream and the response was by Marv. Dads are such softies.

Photobucket



5. "I regret the day I ever played the coronet." That was Marv responding to something I had said or done. Yes, we were in band together.

Photobucket



6. "There are a lot of cooks and no one in the kitchen." Spoken by my not that much younger sister. I'm not sure if she was referring to her mental state or the chaos of the kitchen.

Photobucket


7. "Everyone's always got an extra one in them." This was first uttered by John but quickly morphed into "everyone's got an extra mile in them", and was repeated ad nausaum for the remainder of the weekend.

Photobucket



8. "He's got a false sense of confidence with the beer." This was spoken by Scott after seeing this spectacle.

Photobucket


Even funnier is Scott's reaction.

Photobucket


9. "Pretty good hat if it wasn't for that." This was said by this unnamed person.

Photobucket


While being questioned why he still had the cardboard in his hat he proceeded to tell us about the writing on his hat. Seems Stubby had given him the hat the summer before but this unnamed person didn't like what it said so he took a black magic marker and blacked out the words he didn't like. What do you think? Did it work?

Photobucket


So how did you do? Had you been paying attention? No worries, there is always next time. If you were there it was good to see you, if you weren't we missed you and hope to see you at the next family gathering. After all you wouldn't want to miss this would you?

Photobucket

3 comments....porters always have something to say!:

Anonymous said...

Actually the phrase "everyone's got another mile left in them" was my comment to brother the previous week when he quit a ride a mile before biking his age.

carriegel said...

you may be right about that

jporterGOP said...

I didn't think I was the first to say that, but I was not going to question the blogger.

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle