Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Quiz If You Should Choose To Accept It

A package arrived in the mail the other day. When D opened it and showed me the contents he was grinning ear to ear. So my question to you is, do you know what this is and why we would want such a thing in our house? And why would such a small thing make him so happy? I look forward to your answers/guesses.

Photobucket



Since we are on the topic of sports (Oh, did I just give the answer away?, let's talk about the Lions. Yes, they were one play away from beating the Bears but good sense prevailed and they went down in flames. You have to give them credit, they sure made it exciting this week.

For your amusement I thought I would take some quotes from Michael Rossenberg's Lions article in the Free Press on Monday.

The Lions are 0-8, or as I like to think of it, Halfway to Nowhere. And with the Cincinnati Bengals finally winning for the first time all season, the Lions are alone on their desert island.

They are the only winless team in the league and they have a quarterback controversy. I swear, sometimes I think they exist purely for the benefit of sports columnists.


Orlovsky played OK in the 27-23 loss to the Bears, especially since he and Colletto were not on the same wavelength. Literally.

Colletto said his headset kept cutting out and he couldn’t call plays. He didn’t say when this happened, but given Colletto’s history, I assume it was when the Lions scored 23 points in the second quarter.

“We ran plays I’ve never even seen before,” Colletto said, and I thought that was probably a good thing, but he seemed frustrated anyway.


And this is his opinion on Culpepper joining the Lions.

Culpepper spent the spring and summer looking for a chance to compete for a starting job, and nobody offered him one. So he retired.

“Unfortunately, what I found out was that the league did not share any of the optimism about me as an unrestricted free agent that I expected,” Culpepper said. “In fact, there was an overwhelming sense that there was no room for me among this year’s group of quarterbacks.”

We should have known then that Daunte Culpepper would end up in Detroit. There is plenty of room on this desert island, Daunte. Let’s see how well you can swim.


This new development should be interesting. This week they play a team who just got beaten this past week by the previously winless Bengals. Who thinks Jacksonville will lose two games in a row against winless teams?

The poor Irish. Four overtimes only to lose the game. But there was one bright spot. Jon Bon Jovi stood on the sidelines during the game. In honor of him being there the band played "Living On a Prayer". Good stuff.

1 comments....porters always have something to say!:

Unknown said...

The umpires use the mud to rub on baseballs before the game. I'm not sure but I think all the mud comes from a mud pit either in Penn. or New Jersey, it's suppose to be some type of special mud.

Sometimes it helps to watch Dirty Jobs.

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle