Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Son of Detroit

How long do you think you'll stay in the music business?
KID ROCK:
I haven't got a clue. I never said I wanted to be around for a long time. I always said I wanted to be here for a good time.



Well, not so much younger brother, you can quit your whining about everyone beating you to blog post ideas. Kid Rock has been on my list for awhile of things to talk about. You were beginning to sound a lot like the Pens. "They're cheating, the officials aren't making the right calls, they're overacting". You both need to get over it.

I want to say up front that I love Kid Rock. I don't like all of his music but I think he is extremely funny and honest.


"Why does anything ever happen? Some things happen and some don't." -
-- Kid rock



The following song is my favorite. It is "Picture" sung with Sheryl Crow. This is the unedited version. NOT the wimpy version that is sometimes heard on the radio.





During an appearance on CNN shortly before the war in Iraq, Kid Rock was asked by CNN's Wolf Blitzer about his views on gay marriage. He whole-heartedly approved. As he explained to his startled host: "That just leaves more chicks for me and you, Wolf!"


Kid Rock is probably one of the biggest supporters of Detroit. He is a huge sport's fan and is often seen at the games. We were traveling to Michigan one day and were listening to my ipod. Just as we pulled up to the toll booth to pay the toll one song ended (a quiet one) and then this song came blasting out of the speakers as he handed her the money. D just shook his head. Still makes me smile to think about it.





A reporter was interviewing Kid Rock and asked him if it bothered him that women dated him because of his fame. He said, "No, I'm not dating them because they're ugly".


Even Dr. Phil loves Kid Rock.





"I like to decorate," Kid Rock once told Blender magazine. ""I love to read Better Homes and Gardens."


Check out, "Cold and Empty", "Only God Knows Why" and "Do It For You" for more good music by Kid Rock.

He appeared on Letterman a couple weeks ago and here is a clip of that interview.





I know my not that much younger brother posted this song, "All Summer Long" but you need to check this out. Look at what he does at about 39 seconds in the song. A true Michigander!





Kid Rock -- interviewed in the stands on CBC: "What do I like about the Red Wings? Same thing I tell the girls -- everything! ... Rock on, Canada!"

0 comments....porters always have something to say!:

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle