Monday, July 27, 2009

Third Time's A Charm

As you know I am on my third dump truck of mulch this year. He only hit one tree backing his truck through our woods to dump part of my load.

Photobucket


With all of that mulch you would think that I would half of the county covered in mulch. I don't but I do have one of my beds in the front finished. I wish I had taken a picture before I started because then you could really see how much of a difference there really is. One reason it has taken so long is because the entire bed was covered in weeds and it took me quite a bit of time to get those pulled. But I have them pulled and this is the final result.

butler, pa, 7.09


Here is a view looking from the front of the house toward the street.

butler, pa, 7.09


Doesn't it look pretty?

butler, pa, 7.09


I also have some hydrangeas just starting to bloom. They are competing with the trees for moisture and sunshine so they aren't growing as fast I would like but I am hoping that in a few years they will reach a size to really make an impact. In the meantime I will enjoy them even in their smallness.

This is Limelight. They start out blooming in this lime green color and as fall approaches they turn a burgundy shade. I have a few of them scattered around the yard and they are one of my favorite plants.

butler, pa, 7.09


Here is they everyday hydrangea that you see everywhere. They range anywhere from pink to blue depending on the ph of the soil. Pretty.

butler, pa, 7.09


I am still working on the center planting bed and will post pictures when I finish it.

2 comments....porters always have something to say!:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Your hard work has paid off!

jporterGOP said...

A lot of hard work at that.

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle