Thursday, July 9, 2009

Celebrate

It is hard to believe that it has been almost a week since the Fourth of July. As many of you know Dave and I went to Point State Park in downtown Pittsburgh to celebrate this year. Of course we were there for a concert but first things first. We claimed our place on the lawn which ended up being the second "row" behind the reserved seating. We were about as close as we could get. Sweet. Then it was off to scope out the food choices.

Photobucket


Ah, what to eat, what to eat? As you can see we had many choices but sadly one of them wasn't a Primanti Brother's sandwich. Dave settled on a stromboli. I have to admit it did look good.

Photobucket


But I decided to go the healthy route and had vegetables.

Photobucket


Later I ended up getting an elephant ear. Listen I had vegetables for dinner. It was very good but I can only take those about once a year. This was my once a year. Promise.

We were sitting in our seats eating our dinners and half listening to the band that was playing. I believe they were called The Businessmen. Did he just say Gene Simmons? Why yes he did and there he is standing on the stage.

Photobucket


Why was he there? I don't know. What was his connection to this band? I don't know. Like I said we were more interested in our food than the band that was playing.

But look. There he is again. Hiding off to the side. I was hoping he would come back out and perform but he didn't. I have to say that it did add some excitement to the festivities.

Photobucket


We still had quite a bit of time before Three Dog Night so we decided to walk down to the river. Isn't the fountain pretty?

Photobucket


The fountain sits on the point where the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers meet to form the Ohio River. You can see the first bridge that spans the newly formed Ohio River. I don't know the name of it but give me a break. The city of Pittsburgh has 446 bridges. If you look to the right you can also see Heinz Field.

Photobucket


We ran across these yahoos on our way back to the concert area. Back off, people! Don't touch me and no one will get hurt.

Photobucket


Here is a hint of things to come.





Thank you andyLeer for this video clip. You should have been sitting where we were. Did I mention that we had great seats? Come back tomorrow to see what Three Dog Night looks and sounds like today.

0 comments....porters always have something to say!:

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle