Saturday, July 11, 2009

Photo Editing, Continued

I got a little behind on my photo editing class. I thought it would be so easy to keep up but I was wrong. I sat down this morning and went through Lessons Three and Four.

I had managed to do Lesson Two on day two and have been waiting for a couple more lessons before I posted. Lesson Two was about using digital brushes which is just a fancy way of stamping on photos. It was actually pretty easy. I'm not sure if it is something I would do a lot but at least I know how. Here is what I did.

Photobucket


I have some word stamps that I might use but I'm not sure about some of the other fancy stuff that can be stamped on photos.

Now on to Lesson Three. She taught us how to add a vintage hand-tinted style to a photograph. This I liked. It took a little bit of time and I watched her video a few times but I think I understand it. I think I had the perfect picture to try this out on. What do you think? Can you see the subtle rosy tint to her cheeks?

Photobucket


Lesson Four was about clipping masks. I'm still not sure how this works. I ended up having layers locking on me and I'm still not sure I did it correctly but I did end up with a grungy edged photo mask on this picture. I think it is something I need to try again.

Photobucket


I plan on working on Lessons Five and Six later this weekend and then I will be all caught up. Hopefully she takes Sunday off so I really will be caught up.

1 comments....porters always have something to say!:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I agree. Don't know if I'd ever use the stamps, but the rest are so cool.

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle