Sunday, July 12, 2009

Celebrate, Celebrate, Dance To The Music

Well on to the real reason we were downtown that Saturday night.

Photobucket


We were there to see my favorite band when I was in high school and apparently so were a lot of other people.

Photobucket


This is the Three Dog Night I remember. Pictured is Cory Wells on the left, Danny Hutton in the middle and Chuck Negron on the right.

Photobucket





From 1969 to 1974 nobody had more Top 10 hits, sold more records, or for that matter sold more concert tickets than Three Dog Night. They had 21 consecutive Top 40 hits, including 3 #1 singles, 11 Top 10's, 18 straight Top 20's, 7 million-selling singles and 12 straight Gold LP's. But that was then and this is now.

Photobucket


If you are observant you will notice that Chuck is missing. Yes, my favorite is no longer with the band. I tried to find out the specifics but all I could find out was that he had serious drug issues and ended up leaving the band. He eventually entered rehab and is now touring solo. He also has written a book about his years with Three Dog Night and his recovery. I don't think the parting was amicable because the official Three Dog Night site doesn't even mention him. His name never came up at the concert either. :( So sad. I really wanted to see him but, hey, two out of three ain't bad.


Well we were ready for Three Dog Night, minus one, had good seats and a beautiful night by the rivers. But first things first. Look who is trying to make his way to his seat and seems to be having a little trouble. Could Gene get some help here?

Photobucket


He ended up sitting just a few feet feet from us. Luckily the excitement of having him there died down and we were ready to enjoy the concert.

Photobucket


Here's Danny

Photobucket


and here's Cory.

Photobucket

I have to say I knew all but two of the songs they sang that night. They didn't sing my two favorite songs, Eli's Coming and Pieces of April. Maybe because they were known more as Chuck Negron's songs.

Anyway here is Shambala as performed by Three Dog Night that Fourth of July night.




Of course they ended the night with this.




The night ended with fireworks. Unfortunately you either had good concert seats or good fireworks seats. You know what we chose.

Photobucket


Next on our concert schedule is Foreigner. Be there or be square.

0 comments....porters always have something to say!:

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle