Thursday, October 23, 2008

Good Hart

I think I when I left off we were at Mackinac Island. From there we were heading to Crystal Mountain but we took a little detour to drive through here.

Photobucket



We drove through this bustling little town to get to our real destination.

Photobucket



For the technically inclined readers out there, we were here.

Photobucket



The prettier version looks like this.

Photobucket



Yes, we made a detour to visit out little piece of property "up north". Thankfully it was still there. Luckily our ski rope was still there too so we were able to go down to the beach.

Photobucket



Some day we will have to put real stairs in but for now this seems to work just fine. Just in case you decide to visit be warned that you should really wear gloves. Last year I didn't and ended up with fiberglass stuck in my hands. It was a good two weeks before all the bits worked themselves out of my skin. This year I had gloves and as you can see D is wearing gloves too. When we got to the bottom this is what we saw. Our own piece of Lake Michigan beach.

Photobucket



Some day we hope to build a house on the hill overlooking the lake. This is the view from that spot on our property. We may have to do a little tree trimming.

Photobucket



And here is the spot the house may go.

Photobucket



From there we made our way to Crystal Mountain. To be continued....

1 comments....porters always have something to say!:

jporterGOP said...

That's going to be fun clearing out some of that land.
: )

Are you going to move some of those big rocks?

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle