Thursday, June 10, 2010

Welcome, Graduates!

Sunday dawned cold and cloudy. We were off to the official graduation that was being held in the football stadium. The proud uncle and dad led the way.

Photobucket


I wasn't kidding about it being cold and cloudy. Look at how we're dressed. Eventually the clouds cleared and the sun came out. It ended up being another beautiful day.

Photobucket


While we waited for graduation to begin Bob and Nancy had time to visit with friends.

Photobucket


Friends and family were in place and we only waiting for the graduates to arrive.

Photobucket


A Villanova nod to Notre Dame. Go Irish!

Photobucket


It looks like the graduates are gathered and ready.

Photobucket


Nancy had forgotten her telephoto lens and had asked me to get some photos of Dan leading the graduates into the stadium. Oh my, the pressure was on.

"There he is! Come over here so you can get a better view."

Where? Where? I don't see him leading the graduates.

Photobucket


Oops. My mistake. I was looking down the wrong aisle.

There's our graduate!

Photobucket

Photobucket


We all stood and watched as the graduates filed in.

Photobucket


Dan turned and held that flag while all of the 2010 Villanova graduates marched to their seats.

Photobucket


What's up with the cell phones? Back in the day we didn't have such things. After we were in our seats we would then spend the rest of the ceremony scanning the crowd looking for our friends and family. It certainly helped pass the time. This generation just calls and says, "I'm here".

Photobucket


In the meantime Dan kept holding his flag.

Photobucket


Eventually all of the graduates were seated and graduation was about to begin.

0 comments....porters always have something to say!:

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle