Wednesday, June 9, 2010

We Are, We Are, We Are, We Are, We Are The Engineers

The graduates were seated and so were we.

family, villanova, 5.10


Sitting was a good thing because it seemed to take a long time to get to the Mechanical Engineers. So long that I had a chance to walk around and take some pictures.

villanova, 5.10


Finally! It's the mechanicals turn.

villanova, 5.10


There he is.

dan, villanova, 5.10


It's not official until the photographer takes the picture.

dan, villanova, 5.10


Now that Dan's part was finished we didn't need to pay attention. Sorry other graduates but there are just too many of you to stay that interested for that long.

family, villanova, 5.10


Some passed the time taking photos

nancy, villanova, 5.10


of others who were visiting.

judy, sue, katie, villanova, 5.10


Like I said it started to get a little long. Eventually that part was finished and it was time for the engineers to take an oath. New and old. So much to Sarah's chagrin her dad made her stand and take the oath with him. Be proud, Sarah. You're an engineer!

I don't know the exact words of the oath that was taken that day but I do know the words of the engineering oath that Michigan Tech engineers sing at every opportunity. Preferably with a beer in one hand. That's what makes it official.

We are, we are, we are, we are, we are the engineers.
We can, we can, we can, we can drink all of forty beers.
Drink up, drink up, drink up, drink up, and come along with us,
for we don’t give a damn for any man who don’t give a damn for us.

My father was a miner on the upper Malamute.
My mother was a hostess in the house of ill repute.
And at the tender age of three, they threw me on my ear,
And there was nothing left for me to do but become an engineer.

We are, we are, we are, we are, we are the engineers.
We can, we can, we can, we can drink all of forty beers.
Drink up, drink up, drink up, drink up, and come along with us,
for we don’t give a damn for any man who don’t give a damn for us.


Villanova engineers don't sing their oath. Or hold a beer in their hand while reciting their oath. For some reason it just isn't as much fun as the Tech oath.


sarah & dave, villanova, 5.10


It was over, finally, and the bagpipers led the engineers out of the tent.

villanova, 5.10


I really tried to find Dan as he came out of the tent. Really I did but somehow I missed him. This guy will have to do. You'll have to use your imagination but I'm sure Dan looked as happy as this guy did.

villanova, 5.10


Our hats are off to you, Dan, for a job well done.

villanova, 5.10

0 comments....porters always have something to say!:

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle