Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Lied

Well, only a little. I know I said our week on Florida was all about baseball but that wasn't entirely true. We did make a couple of visits to this small local attraction.

downtown disney, 3.09



Our final destination was here.

disney, 3.09



This is the part of Disney that is free. It the "downtown" part of Disney that is composed of shops and restaurants. On our first visit D, Judy, Sarah and I were in search of dinner. We found it here. Would you believe that we all had either fish or seafood?

downtown disney, 3.09



A couple of nights later it was only D and I and we were on a mission.

downtown disney, 3.09



mmmmmm......

dave, disney, 3.09



Whatever could we be buying tickets for? Patience, people. First, we walked around for awhile and took in the sights.

downtown disney, 3.09



downtown disney, 3.09



My not that much younger sister would like this little shop.

downtown disney, 3.09



downtown disney, 3.09



We found this guy in Legoland.

downtown disney, 3.09



By now we were hungry and decided to stop here for dinner. I know this chain is immensly popular but really you don't go there for the food. We were looking for hamburgers and that is just what we found. One can't live by fish alone.

downtown disney, 3.09



Now it was time to use those tickets we had bought earlier in the evening. This was our destination for the night.

downtown disney, 3.09



Yes, we were going to see Cirque du Soleil also know as The Circus of the Sun. The show is a mixture of circus arts and street entertainment. It was founded in Montreal by two street performers. The circus has continuous live music and the performers not the stagehands change the props and there are no curtains. It is nonstop and sometimes it is hard to know where to look. Each show has its own central theme and storyline and the show we saw was called La Nouba.

downtown disney, 3.09



Here are some photos I found on the website taken from the La Nouba show. These were my favorite acts of the night.

The German Wheels were fun to watch.

Photobucket



I loved the aerial ballet in silk.

Photobucket



These young performers stole the show. They are juggling a diabolo also known as a Chinese yoyo. It was incredible what they could do with this yoyo.

Photobucket

Lucky you, I just found a video on youtube showing these girls doing their tricks with diabolos. This was the show we saw. The girls were dressed the same and were just as cute. This was my favorite act of the night.







Thank you, Minnie and Mickey for the wonderful night.

downtown disney, 3.09

1 comments....porters always have something to say!:

JP said...

I love the Ghiradelli and the lego creature. I had a change to visit the Ghiradelli store in San Fransisco a few summers back and have loved it since.

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle