Monday, August 10, 2009

Say Yes To The Dress

What an exciting weekend! A new baby has joined the family and Katie has touched a cat. I'm not sure if weddng dress shopping can compete with that but while we wait for those baby pictures I thought I would entertain you with dress shopping pictures.

Sarah's original thought was to go to a couple of bridal salons that were unique to Pittsburgh. Long story short it didn't work out at all and we ended up at David's Bridal which has locations throughout the country including South Bend. But when it was all said and done I think it worked out for the best.

We started our day with an early lunch at Sibas in Cranberry. Dave and Cory joined us (Sarah, Cory's mom Dreda and me). It was a beautiful day so we requested a table outside and enjoyed a lovely lunch. I strongly recommend the Lobster BLT. The guys left for a round of golf and we headed to David's Bridal.

pa, 8.08


Sarah was so well organized that she had printed off some dresses she liked from their website. This was the first dress she tried on and one of the dresses that she had liked online.

sarah, butler, pa, 8.08


A closer look.

pa, 8.08


It was a pretty dress online and pretty in person but not the dress for her.

She tried on another dress she had chosen.

sarah, butler, pa, 8.08


sarah, butler, pa, 8.08


Pretty but not right for her.

Now the woman who was helping us started pulling dresses that matched the style of dress that Sarah was looking for. Or at least what she thought she was looking for. Nothing seemed right. Now she started pulling dresses that she thought might work.

I have to admit that this dress was my favorite. It was the first dress she had tried on that day that looked beautiful on her. Sarah liked it but eventually decided that it wasn't for her. She thought it was too "beachy" because of the chiffon overlay and that wasn't the feeling she was looking for.

sarah, butler, pa, 8.08


Then the lady helping us said she had a dress that she really liked. Though it wasn't what Sarah had described as what she was looking for she would really like it if she would try it on. No problem, she would try it on for her. She walked out of the dressing room and Dreda and I both gasped. It was perfect. We loved it, the saleswoman loved it and more importantly Sarah loved it. Then she put the veil on and that was it. Perfect.

Just to be sure she tried a couple more dresses on.

sarah, butler, pa, 8.08


sarah, butler, pa, 8.08


But she kept going back to "that" dress. I'm not going to tell you what she choose but I will say it was nothing like she what she thought she had wanted. She is going to take her girlfriend to the David's Bridal in South Bend and get her opinion. I have a feeling that this is "the" dress. Even though I'm not going to tell you what she chose I will give you a couple of sneak peeks. That will have to do until you see her walking down the aisle of the Basilica.

sarah, butler, pa, 8.08


pa, 8.08

2 comments....porters always have something to say!:

Anonymous said...

Such fun!

jporterGOP said...

golf sounded like an excellent choice

About Me

My photo
I'm strange, but I've got a great sister!

Newton's Cradle